Saturday, July 24, 2010

Surgery

I believe it's time for me to write again!

If you read the last post, you knew that I've been having some pixel problems with my P2. Well yesterday, I did attempt to fix them. But unsuccessfully. I started with removing the battery cover, and that took a good amount of effort to get off. The screw heads actually had to be drilled off because they were stripped so bad. Once I got that off, I had to remove the back casing, which took a special screwdriver, but thankfully no drill. Then came the circuit board. I managed to get the Tama open, but once I got to the circuit board, I found two small screws there. Now to get to the screen of the Tama, I would have to remove the circuit board and the front casing. Once I got one screw out of the circuit board, there was one more.

And of course the thing decides not to budge.

So my attempt at trying to fix it was ruined. Unless I can somehow drill the head off of the extremely tiny screw on the circuit board, which I'm afraid to do. So there I was, left with an unfixed Tama and a reset one at that.

So little Tonmarutchi had left me for a bit, but don't worry, she's back today. Only at 2 years old, but back nonetheless. So this means she'll probably have a few more days before teen stage. Now she's just doing her little bobbing thing around the screen. This morning we played the game a bit and won all three times. She might have to be put on pause later today, as I am going to visit a friend. Hopefully, though, I can keep her off pause for the most part.

That's about it for right now, the day hasn't quite started yet, and I'm still being lazy. :D So expect to hear back from me tonight.

-*mimitchi*

No comments: